Have a great Summer!
Doland School will have open gym and weight room for Doland athletes STARTING MONDAY!! If you plan to attend starting on Monday to lift weights please let us know ahead of time so we can custom the weight lifting program for each athlete.
- from June 15 to July 30 (except July 1 to July 7 SDHSAA moratorium)
- Mon – Thurs from 8:00 AM to 9:30 AM
- Weight room would be for students going into grades 8-12. We will provide school employee and individualized weight lifting program while students are in the weight room. Cost for the weight room is $30 per student for the 6 week program.
- Open gym would be every day (Mon – Thurs) as well for students entering 4th grade through 12th grade. With Tuesday being primarily girls day and Thursday being primarily boys. So as an example Teagan Mason can come to open gym if he would like every day (M – Th); however if Teagan is going to come just one day he should plan on coming on Thursday. The cost for open gym is FREE.
- We will do some ball-handling at 9:00 AM on Tuesday and Thursday for anyone interested. (Ball handling can be open to any grades)
- If there is NO interest or participation in this by July, we will no longer offer it. For the month of June, it is ONLY open to Doland athletes.
- COVID guidelines for open gym and weight room
o Your child should provide their own water bottle or towel if they need one.
o They should respect others space.
o They can provide their own basketball if they would like, but the school will provide plenty of basketballs to avoid sharing if needed.
o The equipment will be wiped down on a regular basis.
o If your student/athlete can answer “yes” to any of the following questions they should NOT attend
§ Have you had any close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
§ you have a new or worsening cough?
§ Do you have a fever of 100.4 or greater?
§ Do you have the chills?
§ Do you have repeated shaking with chills?
§ Do you have muscle pain?
§ Do you have a headache?
§ Do you have a sore throat?
§ Do you have a new loss of taste or smell?
We are so proud of your graduates!
Doland Public School
PO Box 219, Doland, S